June 21, 2017
• Support Jacori Teemer's Trip to the Cadet World Championships
June 20, 2017
• NYS Fargo Camp at Ascend WC June27-30, 2017
• Please contribute!
This year All Star wrestling is participating in a Wrestling Shoe Drive to assist the Beat the Streets Organization in Providence Rhode Island.
We will be collecting wrestling shoes throughout the week of camp June 26 - 30th at William T. Rogers Middle School in Kings Park. Steven Keith, the Managing Director at BTS Providence and a Long Island SWR native wrestler, has taken on the role of coordinating this initiative. He is asking for any size or model sneaker that would help inner city wrestlers get on the mat. We urge you to share your old wrestling shoes to help this worthwhile benefit.
June 19, 2017
• Eastport-South Manor has openings in a Dual Meet Tournament they are hosting on Saturday December 2, 2017
• Sachem Wrestling Camp starts next Monday June 26th and has a second week starting on July 3rd
June 16, 2017
• Moisey And Pellegrino Wrestling Camp at VHW - August 7-8, 2017
June 15, 2017
• Locust Valley is looking for 2 teams for our Dual Meet Tournament which will be held on Thursday, December 28, 2017
June 13, 2017
• Ascend WC Spring Clinic with NCAA All-American Nick Piccininni June 16, 2017
• Former Brockport and Kings Park HS Wrestler, Thomas Bosch, Available for Private Lessons
• Sayville has openings in their annual Gray/Fitzgerald Holiday Tournament on Saturday December 9, 2017
• LIU Post has signed 12 new recruits. Leading the way for Incoming freshman is Hunter Scutellaro Section 8 county champion 3 rd in NYS from Massapequa will look to leave his mark at 125 and All state Greg Hodulick 2nd in Suffolk County and 6th in NYS is going to make a run 197 pounds. Heavyweight Damian Caffery from John Glenn was A Section XI runner up who placed 4 in NYS. Dutch Schultz from St Anthony's was a Catholic school state champ and Bryan Romero at 125/133 will add depth and competition . There will be stiff competition in many weight! Click here to view the bios of the new recruits.
June 8, 2017
• Wantagh 3 Style Wrestling Summer Practice
- June 19-August 3, 2017
• Cold Spring Harbor has openings in the Battle at the Harbor dual meet tournament, due to a required scheduling change, on December 30, 2017
June 7, 2017
• Hauppauge Wrestling Camps - July 17-21, July 24-28, 2017
June 6, 2017
• William Floyd Youth Wrestling Tournament at William Floyd HS - July 15, 2017
May 31, 2017
• Wantagh Summer Folkstyle Tournament - All age groups - August 5, 2017
May 30, 2017
• Mepham HS will be in need of an assistant coach for the 2017-18 wrestling season
• Wantagh 3 Style Wrestling Camp - July 31 - August 4, 2017
May 26, 2017
• Quiet Storm WC Summer Camp at St. Anthony's HS - July 24-27, 2017
• Commack is looking for teams for the 2018 Commack Duals on January 27, 2018
May 25, 2017
• Ascend Wrestling Camp, Hicksville - July 8-11, 2017
• Oyster Bay is looking for teams interested in competing in our Dual Meet Tournament on January 20, 2018
• South Side is looking for teams for the 2018 South Side Duals on January 27, 2018
• Dynamic Wrestling Academy Summer Camps in Deer Park, August 14-17, 2017 (7th grade and up), August 28-31, 2017 (K-6)
• Looking for wrestlers with some soccer experience to create a wrestlers only competitive soccer team. Already have 5 tough kids and looking for another 5 little studs to round out the roster for Ronkonkoma Soccer Club. Looking for boys born in 2009. For more info or if interested contact John Kokolakis at email@example.com.
• Wrestling Seminar to Benefit Long Beach Wrestler Isiah Bird Saturday June 10, 2017 at MLK Center, Long Beach
May 22, 2017
• Vito Arujau Named to 2017 Amateur Wrestling News High School Wrestling All-American Team
May 20, 2017
• Wantagh has openings in the annual David Bloom Memorial Duals on Saturday December 16, 2017
May 19, 2017
• Northport is looking for teams to fill their Holiday Duals on Saturday December 30, 2017
May 16, 2017
• RaZor Wrestling Club Summer Clinic at Ward Melville HS - May 31-August 2, 2017
May 10, 2017
Is It Important to Discourage Sport Specialization?
• All Star Championship at William T. Rogers MS, Kings Park July 1, 2017
May 8, 2017
• Anthony Sparacio (North Babylon) Awarded Male Newcomer of the Yaer at the 11th-annual Athletic Hall of Fame Ceremony and Student-Athlete Recognition Banquet at the Tilles Center in Brookville
May 3, 2017
• Michael Hughes receives the 2016-17 Hofstra Pride Community Service Award
• Blue Wave Wrestling Club's 3rd Annual All-American Wrestling Camp June 26-30, 2017
May 2, 2017
• Arujau named InterMat High School Wrestler of the Year
• South Side HS wrestling is looking to fill our Head JV wrestling position for the upcoming season. (Possible Assistant coaching position maybe available as well)
April 28, 2017
• 2nd Annual Under the Lights Freestyle Tournament at Tottenville HS June 3, 2017 - MS/HS/Open
April 26, 2017
• Nassau FS/GR State Qualifier at Clarke HS May 6, 2017
• Spring Classic Open HS&MS Folkstyle Tournament at Lindenhurst May 6, 2017 Register Early Online, Free Clinic 8 AM, Wrestling begins at 9 AM
April 22, 2017
• 2 & A Barbecue at Islip HS - 2 matches in FS, GR or Folk - Schoolboy thru Junior - April 26, May 10 and May 24 2017
• Introducing Adult Wrestling Practice at VHW Weekends at 4pm
April 8, 2017
• NY-USAW Freestyle/Greco State Qualifier at Bellport HS - April 15, 2017
April 7, 2017
• Bay Shore Wrestling Comedy Night Fundraiser - May 2, 2017
April 4, 2017
• War at the Shore - April 14-15, 2017
When you see a ? in the list of teams,
it means the coach has been asked who is in their tournament and
Events will remain
listed here until individual tournament results are sent to me or dual
results are entered in Trackwrestling.
Click Here to See Reported Results
Click on the photo to see what you are missing
College Wrestling Home Schedule
Looking to collect any
old Section 8 or Section 11 County Wrestling Tournament programs and
filled in brackets. Also looking for past NYSPHSAA State Tournament
programs and NCAA Wrestling Championship programs. If you have been
looking to clean out your attic or garage and don't know what to do
with your old programs here is the answer. Mail them to Steve Meehan
117 Dale Dr, Oakdale NY 11769 or drop them off @ 117 Dale Dr, Oakdale
NY 11769 or give me a call and I'll come pick them up if you have
more than a few.. (April 7)
Support Jacori Teemer's Trip
to the Cadet World Championships
Click here or the image to support Jacori
Click on the image to see more
Mention you saw the ad on LIWA!
The Long Island Wrestling
Association is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization dedicated to
fostering, promoting and encouraging the sport of amateur wrestling on Long
Island as a means of building character, physical health and well-being,
sportsmanship, self-confidence, self-esteem, and positive attitudes about
dedication, persistence, intensity and hard work among the younger
generation in order to fit them more adequately for their future role in
The Purposes of the Long Island
Wrestling Association, Inc.:
assist young people to compete in the sport of amateur wrestling by
sponsoring tournaments and competitions for wrestlers and clinics for
wrestlers and coaches.
To assist and facilitate the creation,
development and enhancement of youth wrestling programs.
To assist and
facilitate the dissemination of
information about wrestling events and activities to wrestlers, coaches,
parents and fans.
To assist and facilitate the creation of a
travel club to allow wrestlers to attend wrestling camps, clinics,
competitions and tournaments in other geographic areas.
To assist wrestlers in obtaining USA
Wrestling membership cards to allow them to participate in USA Wrestling
To assist and facilitate the creation and
development of work programs, summer and part-time internships with various
Long Island and New York City corporate sponsors.
To assist and facilitate the creation and
development of a foreign student/wrestler exchange program.
To encourage parents and fans to volunteer
their time to assist in the development of youth wrestling programs.
To assist and facilitate the dissemination of
information to the general public about the sport of wrestling.
To enhance and support media coverage of
To assist Long Island wrestlers in attending
the Olympic training camp and in competing on a national and international
To offer membership to the general public in
the Long Island Wrestling Association, Inc. and to collect membership dues
and other contributions from such membership.
To solicit and collect contributions from
individuals, groups, business and social organizations, corporations,
foundations and governmental entities in order to finance the activities of